愛自己 - 讓這個世界更美 (艾妮塔.穆札尼) / Loving Yourself Makes The World A Better Place (Anita Moorjani)



Loving Yourself Makes The World A Better Place     By Anita Moorjani


(8-8-2016 newsletter via email)

艾妮塔.穆札尼 2016-8-8 郵件期刊


"How could I have said something so stupid??"
「我怎麼會說那種蠢話 ?

"That was so dumb of me!! I should have known better!"
「我怎麼那麼笨 ! 我應該知道的 !

"I will never get it right! Why am I even bothering to try??"
「我總是搞錯 ! 我幹嘛還要再試 ?

"I wish I wasn't so clumsy! Why can't I be more elegant and graceful, like Janet?"
「我希望我靈活一點 ! 為什麼我不能像珍妮那麼從容優雅 ?

Does any of that sound familiar to you? That was my inner voice, several years ago. That was the voice in my head, constantly nagging, putting myself down, wishing I was different, better, smarter, stronger, more spiritual. Wishing I was anyone but who I am.

這些聽起來是不是很熟悉 ? 這是我幾年前的心聲。我腦子裏總是出現這些聲音,不停地責怪自己,瞧不起自己。我希望我自己不是這樣,我希望自己更好、更聰明、更強壯,更有修養。我希望是其他任何人,而不是我自己。

The most meaningful lesson I learned from being at death's door is that unless I love myself, nothing else in my life can function at its best. The amount of depth, meaning, and joy I experience in my life is in direct proportion to how much love I have for myself. The amount of love, kindness, patience I have for others is also directly proportional to how much love, patience and kindness I have for myself, because we cannot give others what we ourselves do not have. And, unsurprisingly, the amount of love, respect, support, and compassion I receive from others is also in direct proportion to how much of the same I have for myself.

鬼門關給我上的最寶貴的一課是,除非我愛我自己,我的人生不會更好。我生命的深度、意義和喜悅是和我給自己的愛成正比的。我給其他人的愛、關懷和耐心也是和我給自己的愛、關懷和耐心成正比,因為我不能給別人自己沒有的東西。而且,同樣的道理,我從別人身上得到的愛、尊重、支持和關心也和我給自己的多少成正比。

Many of us are taught from a young age to "love our neighbors as we love ourselves." But what if we don't love ourselves? What if we are our own worst enemy, and our own harshest critic? If we treat others as we treat ourselves, then are we judging everyone else with the same harsh brush that we are using to paint ourselves? Is this why there are more people on our planet obsessed with trying to condemn anyone who is different, instead of learning to embrace everyone who shares our earth, and rejoice in our differences?

從小我們就被教導「要愛鄰人如愛自己」。但如果我們根本不愛自己呢 ? 如果我們是自己最大的敵人,最嚴厲的批判者呢 ? 如果我們對待別人如同對待自己,那麼我們是否用衡量自己的同一把利尺去評斷別人呢 ? 這是為什麼這個世界有越來越多的人喜歡譴責異類,而不能學習去接納他們,欣賞大家的不同之處嗎 ?

Learning to love others begins with learning to love ourselves unconditionally first. This seems to be a well-kept secret, which no one taught me as I was growing up. On the contrary, I was encouraged from a young age to put myself last, that it is selfish to love ourselves, or put ourselves first. In fact, I used to give and give of myself, without tending to my own needs, to the point that I became so drained it started to affect my health. Continuing in this vein, I constantly believed that I needed to work on myself because I wasn't good enough as I am. So I continued to work on being "better," kinder, more "loving," more "spiritual." I was always judging myself because I never felt I made the mark.

學習愛別人要先從學習無條件的愛自己開始。這似乎是個不為人知的秘密,沒有人在我成長的過程中教我這件事。相反地,從小別人就教我要把自己放在最後,愛自己將自己放在最前面是自私的。所以我過去確實不斷地對別人付出,無視自己的需要,一直到我覺得精疲力盡,健康也開始受損。也因為這樣的思想,我總是認為自己不夠好,必須努力改進自己。於是我不斷地想要變得「更好」、更「仁慈」、更有「愛心」、更有「修養」。我總是用批評的眼光看自己,總覺得自己沒有達到目標。

And then I got cancer. In fact, I didn't just get cancer, I nearly died from cancer! But my cancer was the greatest gift I could ever have. Nearly dying taught me how to live. My cancer taught me the importance of loving and valuing myself unconditionally for who I am — a perfect being of the Universe, who is worthy and deserving of love, without needing to prove myself, better myself or change myself in any way. I became aware that I am someone who has a right to express my uniqueness with abandon.

後來我得了癌症。事實上,我不僅得了癌症,我幾乎死於癌症 ! 但這個癌症是我有過的最棒的一份禮物。瀕死的經驗教會我怎麼活。癌症教會我要無條件地愛自己 -- 我是一個完美的宇宙靈體,我佩得到愛,我不用去證明、改善或改變自己的任何一部份。我體認到我有盡情表達自己與眾不同的權利。

I now also understand that I don't have to work at being spiritual. Being spiritual is who we are, at our core, whether we realize it or not. It is our true nature, so we cannot not be spiritual! Being yourself and being spiritual are one and the same thing.

我同時也了解到我不用刻意去靈修。我們原本就有靈性,那是我們的本質,不管我們是不是知道這一點。所以我們不可能沒有靈性啊 ! 做你自己和靈修其實是同一件事。

Because of my experience, I will never forsake myself ever again. I will never let myself down, treat myself like a doormat, or make myself small so others can feel big. I have learned that this is the biggest gift that I give not only to myself, but also to the planet, because I paint others with the same brush as I use on myself.

因為這樣的一個經驗,我再也不會看輕自己。我再也不會對自己失望,讓自己逆來順受,或是做長別人志氣,滅自己威風的事。我了解到這是我給自己和這個世界最好的一份禮物,因為我怎麼看待自己,我就怎麼看待別人。

My life is much more joyful and meaningful now, and I have much more love to share with others than I ever did before, which I do unconditionally, and without draining myself. But most important, I now understand that if I do not express my authenticity, the Universe will be deprived of who I came here to be.

我現在活得更喜悅更有意義,我比過去擁有更多的愛可以付出,而且這些愛是無條件,不讓我感到匱乏。更重要的是,我了解到,如果我不展現真正的自己,這個宇宙將失去我來此該扮演的角色。

-The above piece was published on August 20th, 2013 in the Huffington Post

以上曾在2013820日刊載於Huffington Post

It seemed like a good time to share it again right now.
我覺得可以再和大家分享一次。


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006年艾妮塔在與癌症纏鬥四年後陷入臨終昏迷。在醫生努力搶救之際,她進入了瀕死體驗,在鬼門關前她明白了生命的真相: 天堂不是一個地方,而是一個境界。當她醒來恢復意識後,她奇蹟似地復原,並在幾星期內完全康復 ! 從此她跟隨內心的呼召和全世界分享她驚人的故事和上天的啟示。這個最重要的啟示是: 「愛你自己如同你生命之所繫」,而這的確是事實。她寫了兩本書:「死過一次才學會愛」和「也許這裏就是天堂 – 文化迷思阻斷了人間天堂之路」(暫譯),並仍在持續創作中。讀者可以從她這段演講錄影了解她的背景、經歷和啟示


In 2006, Anita fell into a coma as her 4-year struggle with cancer was coming to an end. While doctors rushed to attend to her frail body, she entered into a near-death experience (NDE) where she discovered one of life’s greatest truths: Heaven is not a destination; it’s a state of being. When she regained consciousness, her cancer miraculously healed and she was free of disease within weeks! Since then, she’s heeded the call to share this powerful story—and divine lesson—with the world. The one most important lesson she learned from her unique experience is: “Love yourself like your life depends on it” and it does. She is the author of two books : “Dying To Be Me” and “What If This Is Heaven - How Our Cultural Myths Prevent Us from Experiencing Heaven on Earth” and is working on her third one. You can watch this video to learn more about her, her NDE and the lessons she shares. 

Anita's website, Facebook page and radio show:
http://www. anitamoorjani.com
http://www.facebook.com/Anita.Moorjani
http://www.hayhouseradio.com/#!/host/anita-moorjani

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


加入臉書 / Google+ 追蹤新內容
Follow us on Facebook and Google+
 ">


相關文章 / You may also like:

有違常理的自私 / Radical Selfishness

認識你的「心靈知己」 / Know Your "Soul Mate"

愛自己會變成自私嗎 ? (艾妮塔.穆札尼 實況問答2016-8-17 第一集)/ Self-love & Selfishness (Anita Moorjani Q&A 8-17-2016 Part 1)
歡迎用臉書 追蹤新內容
Follow us on Facebook

⏬ 分享出去吧! 也許有人正需要它 Share to benefit someone ⏬